Example of a video search result
Let’s look at an example! If you search for e.g. [Yoast] in Google Videos, you’ll find this result from yoast.com:
See how cool that is? And it’s very easy too! If you use our plugin, the only thing you have to do is embed the video. After that, you add meta descriptions and good titles to your videos and choose the right tags and categories. That’s all!
The Video SEO plugin supports:
- Automatic XML Video Sitemap generation (adding on to the WordPress SEO XML Sitemaps).
- MediaRSS enhancements to your RSS feed.
- Full support for schema.org videoObject markup.
- Snippet previews with the actual video thumbnail in them and the ability to change that thumbnail.
- Facebook OpenGraph tags on your video pages so the video can optionally be played directly in Facebook.
- Support for many major video platforms, including Youtube, Vimeo, Blip, DailyMotion, Wistia and many others.
All these features combined make this Video SEO module a must-have for the video blogger using WordPress!